What’s new and changed for scripting?
- Scripting Access to Tools
- Added: Project.toolType
- Scripting Access to Composition Markers
- Added: CompItem.markerProperty
- Scripting Access to Queue in AME
- Added: RenderQueue.queueInAME()
- Scripting Access to Available GPU Acceleration Options
- Added: app.availableGPUAccelTypes
- Enable GPU effect rendering via scripting
- Added: Project.gpuAccelType
New Gaussian Blur effect added w/ matchname
ADBE Gaussian Blur 2
- Scripting access to text baselines
- Added: baselineLocs
- New scripting method to generate random numbers
- Added: generateRandomNumber()
Using the copyToComp() scripting method no longer causes After Effects to crash when the layer has a parent.
The valueAtTime() scripting method now waits for time-intensive expressions, like
sampleImage, to finish evaluating before it returns the result.
ScriptUI panels now display and resize correctly on high-DPI displays on Windows.
After Effects no longer crashes when you click OK or Cancel buttons in a scriptUI dialog with tabbed panels.
- Scripting improvements for text layers (read-only)
“Use Legacy UI” toggle implemented
- Scripting access to render settings and output module settings
CEP panels implemented
- Access to effect’s internal version string
- Added: Application effects object’s version attribute, see app.effects
- Ability to get and set preview mode
- Added: Viewer.fastPreview
Access to layer sampling method (see samplingQuality)
Changed preference and settings methods (see Settings object)
ScriptUI is now based on the same controls as the main application.